In northern China, Chinas northern region of Hibaiyei, there is the city of Xian. In the past, part of the present city was occupied by Yecheng, the capital of the state of Huiui. The modern city of Xian is the meeting place of several industrial enterprises. Here we have the textile and mechanical engineering industries. There is a metallurgical plant, a textile and fabrication plant, and a cement plant. In the area, iron ore and stone coal mines are being developed. It belongs to significant human settlements and has a long history of nearly 3,000 years. On its territory, in 301 A.D., King Olin, ruler of the Kingdom of China, created the Forerunner Division.
In archaeological research in the town and surrounding areas, they found ancient vessels with grain, poultry and animal sketches, and many household items of ceramics, bone, and stone. ×Some of the artifacts found belong to the culture of Tsyhan and testify to the development at that time of artisanal crafts and farming. The ceramic objects found also belong to the Chang period and testify to the existence of a flourishing center for the production of marble in the present city.
For many years, the masters have been improving the technology of the corrugated iron industry. In addition, along with the manufacture of ceramics, the masters also made bricks and tiles. During the period from 420 to 589, during the period of the Southern and Northern Dynasties, the city was engaged in the burning of the sulphur of the firebrick, Quot;Seladon; and during the period from 420 to 589, the city was a part of the Northern Dynasty. During the reign of Tang in 618-907, the descendants began to make a fine quality container.
In those days, a particular popularity was enjoyed by the Choicheskou container, which was embellished with a white color with different patterns of black tints. At that time, paintings of various natural landscapes were often used. The Museum of Marble is very popular with tourists, with its rich collection of ancient ceramics and marble objects.
- Air quality: 139 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,300,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Handan is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee: Le Dao KaFei
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best hospital: Handan Dan TCM Orthopaedic Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air China
- Best intl air carrier: Air China
- Monthly costs for expat: $500
- Monthly costs for family: $1050
- Monthly costs for local: $310
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.4
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.2
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map