In the center of the province of Anhui is the city of Khokhui, the city district and the capital center of the province. It is among the oldest urban settlements of China. It was part of the state of China from the 8th century to the 6th century. During the Dynasty of Yin, the city was the seat of the Hui dynasty. During the time of the dynasty, western China was known as the center of the Han dynasty. It was one of the most important trading settlements in the top four cities of the Anhui Province by the end of the 19th century.
The modern city has now established itself as the educational, scientific and technological center of the country. Located on its territory, the University of Science and Technology has a high level of education. Despite being a modern metropolitan center, Cherokee still has a quiet atmosphere without the hustle and bustle of a metropolis. The Hýôyé is called the Garden City. Its surroundings are surrounded by mountainsides covered by vegetation. One of the citys most popular natural areas is Baoekhi Park, which surrounds the old walls of the old part of the city. There is a lake on the grounds of the park. A memorial church rises nearby. Arch moats decorate the natural water. The willows surround the lakes shores, bowing low on their branches in the water.
The ancient Mingyojiao Buddhist Temple is famous for its enormous shrine, which was made during the time of the Yang dynasty. The Anhui Provincial Museum of Natural History has amazingly beautiful artifacts. There is a collection of marvelous bronze objects made from the 16th to 8th centuries before our time. Separately, there are the coins used in the Fall and Spring periods. The exquisite workmanship of the gold and silver pianos of the Yang dynasty is striking.
The memorial temple of Bào ×Æng was built in 1066. The temple was built in honor of an official of the Northern Sung period who was distinguished for his honesty and integrity in the performance of his duties. There is a pavilion with a well next to the church. Siaoyaoisei Park is known as the historic site of the Battle of the Three Kingdoms. There is a small park and a bonsai garden on its territory. Decorations are made of stone mounds.
- Air quality: 99 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,700,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Hefei is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1000
- Monthly costs for family: $2900
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $2
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map