In the northern northern part of Chinas Jiangsu Province lies the city of Huaiyin, located on the eastern and southern shores of Lake Huaiyang. It was formerly called Huaiyin. The city sprang up on a level terrain. It has already exceeded 2,000 years of age. The area it occupies has long been renowned for its natural treasures. There are vast deposits of natural resources, including gas and oil. The vast deposits of mineral salt make China the worlds most important source of this mineral, which is the only one used for cooking.
After reforms of a political and economic nature, the citys industrial and agricultural activity has grown rapidly. As a result of these developments, citizens living standards have risen. More than 80 industries of various sizes form the basis of the citys economy.
Huayan has textile, chemical, light, food processing, metal and machinery industries. There are also a number of fish and agricultural processing facilities here. In order to attract foreign investments, the city has created an economic zone with several hundred joint ventures. Huayan has cooperative and business relations with more than 100 countries.
Modern Huayan is known for its cherry park, called the Saffari Park of the North. An amazingly beautiful area, it was laid out in the late 20th century. There is a park on its territory. Approximately 700 acres of land are covered by a magnificent park with a bewitching array of 400 vines and a sea of pion trees. Amazingly beautiful cumulus sculptures lie in ponds with mussel-covered ponds.
The rich historic legacy is from a bygone era, including the mausoleums of the Roman Emperor Minh. A fascinating collection is presented by the museum, including the exhibits “terracombatant armies” clay statues of soldiers and many ancient artifacts.
The museums collection includes a number of exhibits, including a number of ancient artifacts and a number of other artifacts.
- Air quality: 105 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,200,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Huaian is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1000
- Monthly costs for family: $2800
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map