In the northwestern part of China, in the middle reaches of the Han River, lies the city of Lanzhou, the capital city of the Hunan Province. Its history began more than 2,000 years ago, when the city began at the crossroads of the Great Silk Road and the Huanghei Waterway.
In the northern part of the city, the Binhui Park, known as the "green tourist corridor", stretches along the river. The park area is represented by vast fields of flowers, covered by a variety of flower meadows, and with a variety of landscaped landscapes in the midst of the landscape. The statues, located throughout the park, depict different periods of Lianyungchus existence. Tourists look at the fascinating pylylodyngeum cultures as they wander through the landscapes, The spectacular sculptures of pyligrams striving east, caravans of ships on the Great Silk Road, and many other masterpieces by talented sculptors.
It is an interesting history that includes the Lahnchan Park, which stretches over 10 kilometers. Back in 1948, only one tree was growing at the very top of the mountain peak. Beginning in the mid-50s of the 20th century, citizens had been planting trees and landscaping their parkland.
There are now more than 10 million trees growing on the slopes of the Mountain Gardens for a half a century. To ensure that citizens and tourists can enjoy themselves completely, the Parks entertainment complex has been built. From the pavilions at the top of the mountain, there is a marvelous view of the city and the surrounding countryside. There are several buildings here, including the Touna bin Hindu Pavilion, the Dizan and Mani Shrines, and the Gyeongsang Hall of Museums. The Cheungjing Temple complex is notable for its ancient bell, which was cast in the 13th century. It is 3 meters high.
The White Pillar lies on the north shore of Huanghai on a mountainous peak. The structure was built in the mid-15th century during the reign of the Minh Dynasty and has seven levels. The temple reaches a height of 17 meters. Interesting artifacts remain in the Museum of the Province of Hunyu, testifying to the development of the region.
- Air quality: 92 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 2,100,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Lanzhou is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1100
- Monthly costs for family: $2800
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map