The Chinese city of Linyi, located in Chinas Shandong Province, has many centuries of history. It is almost 2,400 years old. Citizens have long remembered the culture and culture of their ancestors, as evidenced by the many historic monuments. The developing city was ranked among the best cities in the country for trade and commerce in 2010.
Ligny has a very developed transportation network. It is connected to other cities and towns in China by well-maintained highways and rail lines. There is sea and air transport service. The local airport operates domestic flights on domestic routes. A number of national routes and more than 15 regional routes ensure rapid delivery of passengers and freight to different parts of the country.
Ligny is a small ancestral home to such icons as Wang Xizhi, who in the 4th century was a great pugilist; ×Zhugu Lian, an eminent Chinese statesman who was famous during the Three Kingdoms period; and Ching Huangcheng, an active follower of the 20th century civil rights movement.
The city is known for its State University, which was founded in the first half of the 20th century and has achieved a high level of education during its existence. The school has long had strong business ties with other nations, including Canada, Sweden, Russia, and England. The worlds largest museum of dinosaurs is located in Linyi. Its rooms contain a collection of exhibits of cetacean amphibians and other equally unique ancient crustaceans. There are also specimens of minerals found during archaeological investigations in the local area. The largest area in the province of Changdeung is the central central area of Linyi, which is 670 meters long. Another feature of the city is the mausoleum of the Fallen Revolutionaries, which stands at the foot of the Tsingyunye Mountains.
- Air quality: 109 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,900,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Linyi is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Unicom
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Luban Yizhou Hotel
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air China
- Best intl air carrier: Air China
- Monthly costs for expat: $500
- Monthly costs for family: $1050
- Monthly costs for local: $310
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.4
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.2
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map