The city of Putyatin lies on the territory of Chinas Fujian Province. The city district has the same name and occupies the area between Yongyang and Fujian and is located in the central part of the coastline of the province. The coastal area is notable for its many gulfs and islands, the most famous of which is Meihejou. On this island, according to ancient legend, the god Maozou was born.
The central part of the city district is about 10 kilometers from the coast. A sub-terrestrial, humid climate reigns here. Daytime and nighttime temperatures can be as much as 10 degrees Celsius. In the old days, the city was not far from the city, but from a monastery near the city. On the towering mountains above the city is the famous Lake of the Nine Eagles, known for its ten waterfalls.
The revered temple of the Chaolin dynasty, which ruled from 618 to 908, was under the protection and patronage of a higher power. His secret treasures were of unspeakable wealth. The significance of the monastery made it a high status and played a leading role among the other Buddhist shrines. After it was built in the Jiuyuan Mountains, the southern temple was the second most important martial arts center in China.
The Chaoilians took an active role in protecting the surrounding neighborhoods of the current city district and the entire countryside from Japanese pirates. They were also participants in popular uprisings for law and order and independence. According to historical data, it is known that a detachment of monks fought against the Mongols under the leadership of a well-known commander of the time, Gene Huyungun.
The modern Way lies on Highway 324. Public transportation within the metropolitan area is represented by buses. Developed routes allow for quick access to different parts of the community. The main features of the city are the ancient architectural structures and natural landscapes – the Maizu and Huangyuhua Shrines, the Southern Shrine of Shaolin, and the natural lake of Özülü. The citys hotels are in traditional Chinese and European style with a high level of service and comfortable rooms.
- Air quality: 77 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 440,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 1 Mbps Internet in Putian is fast averaging 8 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 1 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1350
- Monthly costs for family: $3100
- Monthly costs for local: $900
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map