Located in northeastern China, Shenyang has an ancient history. As far back as 5,000 years ago. people were engaged in farming in these places in the fifth century. Because Chinese history is deeply rooted in the early history of writing, much is known about the city of Shenyang. During the Yan State period, the city of Huocheng was located here, and after the reforms of Yingyuan, it became part of the Liaoyang Province, one of the regions of – the Yiujiang Province.
For the record, the city has changed its name many times. In Russia, it is known, first of all, under the name of Mukden. In 1900, because of the Boxer Rebellion, the Russians occupied the town and stopped the trouble and looting that had begun in the settlement. Russian-Chinese patrols were set up to watch over and fight the bandits. Thanks to the help of the Russian soldiers, the city of Mokrukden briefly transformed itself, and various socially significant institutions appeared. However, during the Russo-Japanese 1904 – 1905, the Japanese army, in a crusading battle, occupied the city. In the 1930s, Shenyang was once again under Japanese rule, this time in the Maritime Union State of Manchushe. As the war approached, the city of Fengyun, as the city was called, developed its military-industrial enterprises. In 1945, it was liberated by the Red Army during the defeat of the Army of China.
After the city was given to China, it was taken over by the Chinks, and soon Shenyang was taken over by the Communists. Since then, the city has been one of Chinas heavy industries. The museum of the 18th of September, dedicated to the Japanese aggression and made in the form of an open calendar, is an eye-catcher. Interesting is the museum of trains and locomotives, which features remarkable machines. The Museum of Sinyuelo stands out. The villages of this non-political culture are not far from the city and are of great interest to professionals and tourists alike. The city also has several monuments on the UNESCO heritage list, which in itself is an eye-catcher and a sign of quality.
- Air quality: 82 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 8,300,000 people
- Population density: busy: 10x10m 100m per person
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Shenyang is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best coworking space: Regus
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $850
- Monthly costs for family: $2400
- Monthly costs for local: $700
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map