The city of Taichou is the center of an urban district in the Chinese province of Changgyeongsang. The name of the city is translated in Chinese as “The Tower District. According to one version, the origin of the name is associated with a high pile built of brick. It is one of the oldest in the country, located in the Gocin Monastery in one of the citys areas, and is called the Celestial Pogoda. There are several industries developed in Taichung. There are manufactures for the production of paper and silk products. A sugar factory, a flour mill, and a creamery are in operation. Rice and tea processing plants are in operation.
The city is known for 3 large automotive manufacturing plants. In one of the citys neighborhoods, Liuyouxiao, the manufacturing company also has a traditional trade show every year. Its halls showcase spare parts, new cars, upgraded electronics and a variety of automotive industry equipment.
Taïchou has many companies specializing in the production of hats, clothing for women, men, children and shoes. The products are of high quality and are exported to many countries of the world. A rich assortment of different types of vessels is produced by the Taizhou factories. The citys household appliances such as refrigerators, refrigerators, microwave ovens, and washing machines have long been ranked as priority appliances in Chinas marketplace.
The city is historically linked to the rise and spread of Chinese Buddhism and the school of Daoism. Taichou is the birthplace and home of national figures, including the Daoist patriarch Chang Boudouin, who was born in Tianyuntai City; the canonized Buddhist monk, Yizhigun, who lived from 1148 to 1209; and the poet Dai Fugu. Many city dwellers use the Taichunguya dialect, which may not always be understood by city dwellers who speak Baháulláh.
- Air quality: 72 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 610,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 1 Mbps Internet in Taizhou is fast averaging 8 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 1 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1800
- Monthly costs for family: $2300
- Monthly costs for local: $650
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map