In the land of Chinas South China Province lies the city district of Wenyongchu, the economic and transport center of the region. To the east, its territory is washed by the waters of the East China Sea. To the north of the city is Taichzhou, and to the west of it is the city of Lishui. The border strip extends 250 kilometers.
In the 19th century, todays Wenzhou was a trade port open to foreign countries under an international treaty. Thanks to the free trade zone, the city has grown and developed rapidly. Its economy prospered. Today, the city maintains its priority position as a major international seaport on the Oujing River. A variety of products are produced here. The high level of professionalism and quality of the products they produce is recognized. The places are particularly known for their production of shoes and accessories, including bags, belts, belts, sashes, glasses, and various lamps. The first shoe factories appeared in the city in the first half of the 20th century. With the launch of their first product line, they quickly caught on and became the most sought-after product in the market. They include jute and coal, paper and tea. wine and alunite. The city has such industries as paper and food, paper and paper and clothing. The area is home to manufacturing companies that produce agricultural equipment and building materials.
Modern Wijnjou is known not only for its variety and diversity of products, but also for its natural landscapes and architectural features. Along narrow, narrow streets along the riverfront, there are still houses that remind us of a bygone era. The ancient pagoda towers stand on the grounds of a large park with a lake on the middle of the Yi Jiangyin River. ×There are small bridges, decorated with fringes, crossing the lake shore. The coastal seaside area attracts great beaches and specially equipped recreational facilities with cafes and bars.
- Air quality: 94 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,900,000 people
- Population density: busy: 11x11m 121m per person
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Wenzhou is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Sublet
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Dynasty Hotel
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air China
- Best intl air carrier: Air China
- Monthly costs for expat: $1000
- Monthly costs for family: $1150
- Monthly costs for local: $330
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.5
- Coffee: $1
View Larger Map