In the northwest of Chinas Jiangsu Province, the city of Xuzhou is a commercial and industrial center with a developed transport infrastructure. The main industries that serve as the basis for the citys economy are the chemical, mechanical engineering, construction, textile, and coal-processing industries. The production of electrical appliances, textile and leather products is productive. There is a large textile factory and a pulp mill. It operates a number of cooperative companies with foreign partners.
The county is made up of 2 urban counties, 5 districts and 4 counties. The modern and prosperous Szechuan is a young city. It is home to eight universities and 28 research institutes with several hundred or so high-caliber professionals.
An archaeological study reveals the settlement of the present-day city in the sixth century before our time. It is believed that when the Xia dynasty was in power, the city was called Pinchin. In the last period of the Ying dynasty, Liu Bang, a native of Xuezhu, was the head of the city of Yingyang. It was he who would eventually become the founder of the Han dynasty and its first president.
The historic legacy of the Han dynasty is the famous statues of terrorist soldiers, burial tombs of rulers, and stone bas-reliefs. Xuehuzhou is famous for Lake Yonglong and the mountainous highlands of the same name, a national park with natural lanterns. The entire area is dominated by a temperate climate with cool winters and sultry summers. The majority of the population is made up of the Han Chinese people. There are about 50 ethnic minorities in the city, including the Mongols, the Han Chinese, the Chui, the Myaou, and the Bois. Fascinating paintings are preserved in the Han Stone Museum, made by talented craftsmen. Suechzhou is also famous for its natural attractions. It is called the pearl of Southlong Lake, which has 200 species of fish.
- Air quality: 119 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,700,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Xuzhou is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Unicom
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Sublet
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best hospital: The Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical College
- Best short-haul air carrier: Sichuan Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Air China
- Monthly costs for expat: $430
- Monthly costs for family: $1200
- Monthly costs for local: $350
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.4
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.2
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map