On the coast of the Chinese peninsula of Chinas Chinas Dongdong Peninsula lies the popular city of Yenyongtai, a popular resort and port. Its territory has been inhabited since ancient times. For example, the present town of Lai Chui, which is part of Yingtai, was inhabited by the peoples who called themselves the Eastern Yi" or Oriental Yi" in the early Middle Ages, the area was inhabited by the people of Yingtai. In the period of the Xia dynasty, they were the founders of the Lai state. During the reign of the Tang dynasty, the city first belonged to Yinchuan County, and then was transformed into the Lai Chui Province. Under the dynasty of Jin, it became the Dyinchyuk Province. In the summer of 1858, Yingyutai became one of the ten Chinese port cities where foreign trade was allowed. In 1862, the city was home to the representations of 17 countries.
Nowadays, Yenyutai is considered one of Chinas finest resorts, attracting tourists from many countries around the world every year. The climate here is conducive to a great beach vacation. Not only can you enjoy swimming and sunbathing, you can also do water sports and take exciting sea walks. Beyond the seaside attractions, tourists are drawn to the ancient attractions of the area.
The ancient citys name, translated from Chinese, means The Smoking Tower. The origin of the name has a fascinating history and is associated with a certain mountain. At the top of it, at one time, there was a watchtower. When the ships of an intruder appeared, the lights on the top tier of the tower were turned on. The lights on the lower tier warned of approaching pirates.
Court Yingtai is popular for its coastal, sandy beaches. More than 5 kilometers long is the famous Golden Beach. A strip of buoyant vegetation covers the area between the citys streets and the outskirts. Its educational institutions educate not only Chinese citizens. There are several universities with foreign students, such as the University of China, the Shanghai University, and the University of Ludong, among others.
- Air quality: 101 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,700,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 1 Mbps Internet in Yantai is fast averaging 8 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 1 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1000
- Monthly costs for family: $2300
- Monthly costs for local: $650
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $4
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map