On the western side of the River Yen, in the western part of the Huaiye Province, lies the town of Yichang. Its historic part, though marked on some maps as a separate area, is not a map and is not part of several city districts. A narrow valley divides the city district into two parts. The territory of Yinian occupies mostly a homogeneous area with over 2,000 meters of elevation.
In the center of the city is the Cilin area, which occupies the left bank of the Yingyong River. The city is known for two hydroelectric plants built on the river, one of which is ranked among the largest in the world. On the northern extremity of the city is the second power plant, Géchéhouba. It is located a few kilometers upriver from the center of Yichang. One of the economic activities of the city is the cultivation of agricultural crops. ×Part of the city district is taken up by vegetable gardens and tea plantations.
Ichin is an ancient city. Its age is nearly 4,000 years old. In the historical period of China under the name of June and Autumn, which corresponds to the 1st century of our era, Yichang was a population center with an important strategic significance. In its course, the battles of Khan Khan and Illyin were important. Yichang, which has a rich and eventful history, is a place of archaeological research. It was the site of one of the countrys four great beauties, Wang Zhouzheng, who lived during the period of the Western Han Dynasty (from 206 A.D., 206 A.D., 24 A.D.). During the era of the Warring States, the poet-patriot Ying Ying was born in the city.
Ichang is located in an area of a sub-terrestrial, monsoon climate. The hottest yet rainy months are June and July. On the Yongxing River, the popular attractions of the Saints and Geochejouba Dams are located. After the completion of their construction, Icahn is a famous tourist center. One of the most magnificent and significant monuments of world significance is considered to be the Sanhănu Dam. It is one of the most popular tourist sites in the world. In addition, Icahn has long been known not only for its tea varieties, but also for its clay pot production. The local company produces great tea brews – true masterpieces of art by talented craftsmen.
- Air quality: 99 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 710,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 1 Mbps Internet in Yichang is fast averaging 8 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 1 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $900
- Monthly costs for family: $2700
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $1.9
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $2.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map