In the lands of the province of Guandan, the city of Zhuukhai has sprung up. It is located on the west side of the Cistern River. The city district borders the Macau area. At the junction of both territories is the border crossing of Gouney Bay. Not far from this point is the station, which belongs to the territory of the city of Cheukhai. There are intercity buses that travel to different localities in the province. There is an airline connection.
Jauhai is known for its modern hotels with everything you need for a great vacation. Tourists who visit the casino in nearby Macau often go there. They pay less for a comfortable room and an excellent room than they do in the special district.
The citys icon and the most popular tourist attraction is the iconic fish pigeon, which depicts a young girl with an imaginative pearl in her hand. Standing on the quaint rocks for a long time attracts thousands of admirers of the beautiful art.
- Air quality: 81 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 830,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Zhuhai is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1200
- Monthly costs for family: $2600
- Monthly costs for local: $750
- Meal: $4.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $2.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map