West Chinas southwest China is home to the city of Yongyun, a major transportation hub. There are several industries in its territory that produce paper, food products, and textiles. Machine building, metallurgy, and chemical industries have developed. In the area, margueran ore and coal are being mined. It became a developed industrial center in the mid-20th century. The village has a unique history. By decision of the Chinese government, it was included in the list of the countrys oldest cultural cities. Zuzunyi is known as a historic place where important events for the country took place. In the winter of 1935, the leaders of the Chinese Communist Party met here and played an important role in the countrys crisis.
The important events are remembered by historic landmarks, such as the building where the Red Army Headquarters was housed; the house where Mao Yedong lived, the building of the Soviet/Chinese bank. The local climate makes it possible for tourists to visit the city in any season of the year to see the architectural and natural wonders.
- Air quality: 75 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 690,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Zunyi is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1100
- Monthly costs for family: $2900
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map