One of the largest cities in the Indian state of Kerala is Thrissur. It is located in the central part of the state. According to legend, Trissur was created by Párachóð himself, the sixth reincarnation of the god Visnu. It was in the ninth century, roughly, that he built a temple here dedicated to Vishnu. Gradually, as the church grew, so did the city. The diagram shows that Trissuras was built from the temple of Vichyne, called Wadadakunanathan.
The city has been repeatedly occupied by different nations in the course of its history. By the beginning of the twenty-first century, Tříssur was one of the centers of tourism in the state, as well as a major cultural and religious capital. The city is home to many shrines dedicated to different gods.
The worlds most famous celebration of Tristram is the annual Purum. The highlight of this event, which lasts for three hours, is the Elephant Parade. Every church in the city has a few of these animals, which are gaudily dressed and decorated. During the festivities, elephant ranchers show off their skills as well as the richness of their animals decorations. At the end of the festivities, a firecracker is launched into the sky.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 320,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 6 Mbps
- Best wireless: Airtel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings: 99Acres
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Indigo
- Best intl air carrier: Jet Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $700
- Monthly costs for family: $1050
- Monthly costs for local: $310
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $2
- Coffee: $2
View Larger Map