In the lands of Western Bengal in India lies the city of Assancel. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. It occupies part of the territory in the Damascus Valley. Before the founding of Assancel, its territory was an uninhabited area, the land of which was covered by jungle. Only a few settlements existed throughout the region. The citys economy is based on machinery, metallurgy and coal mining.
Before the industrial development of the coal fields in Ascension began, the local people used coal for domestic use. The employees of the East India Company, John Somner and South Eastonious Chytley, began to investigate the rich coal deposits near the city. Industrial mining of coal did not begin until 1820. Throughout the 19th and first half of the 20th centuries, the coal mine in Bassols was the largest in the country.
The citys current population uses several languages for communication-Bengali, Oudda, and Hindi. But the official language is English. The citys economy has been booming since the railroad was put into operation. The small village that first formed near the station grew into a thriving city in a short period of time. Teaching in the secondary schools was in English. In 1891 the first Christian school of St. Patrick operated in the city.
Now Ascension is a large industrial center with a well-developed infrastructure. It is home to many high schools and colleges, colleges, and graduate courses. There are newspapers, newspapers, Radio India, and two private stations. There are branches of major banks. Rail lines connect Ascension with other cities in India.
- Air quality: 99 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 1,200,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 7 Mbps
- Best wireless: AirTel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings: 99Acres
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Indigo
- Best intl air carrier: Jet Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $470
- Monthly costs for family: $1000
- Monthly costs for local: $290
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $2
- Coffee: $2
View Larger Map