In the heart of India, in the heart of the Malayalam Plateau, lies the city of Bhopal, the capital center of Madhya Pradesh. It has long been the center of commerce. There is an important railway station on its territory. There is an active trade in cotton and opium, grain and timber, and various garments. The main industries are the flour and sugar industry, machinery and chemical industry, pulp and paper industry. The city produces electrical appliances, fabrics, fabrics, paperweights, jewelery and textile products. There are Jews and Muslims among the citizens. The climate here is heavy with balmy summers, mild winters, and moussune seasons. May is considered the harshest month, with temperatures that can reach 40 degrees Celsius. Heavy rainstorms occur from October through March. The city covers an area 427 meters high.
The National Highway crosses the city, connecting Bhopal to Jay Jayapura and Jayapura. Another motorway connects the city with Devis and Sagar. There is another railroad line that can take you to Yindahur. About 15 kilometers from the city limits, northwest of the city limits, is a local airport. It is believed to be the founder of the city, Bahuja, the 11th-century ruler of the country, Parmamara. When the dam was built, one of the rivers created the Lower and Upper Rivers, and the capital city of Bhojpapal (todays Bhoopapal) was established on their banks. In the beginning of the 18th century, Mohan Khan, an Afghani national, purchased Bhojpapal after the death of the Mogul emperor Aurorangzeb, and made it the capital of his personal principality. His descendants ruled the city and the principality in 1949. When the last prince signed the instrument of incorporation into India, power over the city passed to Delhi. In 1950 the principality was given the title of a state, and in 1956 Bhopal was added to the state of Madhya Pradesh.
Inherited from earlier times, the city has many ancient structures, notably the Jemma Masjid and Moti Masjid churches, which were built in the 19th century; The 19th century Lakhrami Naraiyan Indian temple on the shores of Lake Superior; and the Tawjiul-Masjid Mosque, which began in the 19th century and was completed in the 20th.
- Air quality: 80 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,400,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 8 Mbps
- Best wireless: AirTel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best hospital: Bhopal Memorial
- Best short-haul air carrier: IndiGo
- Best intl air carrier: Air India
- Monthly costs for expat: $480
- Monthly costs for family: $550
- Monthly costs for local: $150
- Meal: $2
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $1
- Coffee: $0.7
View Larger Map