In the north of India, the city of Kandigarh, which is the capital of the two states of Harare and Punjab, is 240 kilometers from Delhi. It is directly under the jurisdiction of New Delhi and is not administered by any of these states. Thanks to his architecture, he has become known worldwide. Founded after the declaration of independence in 1953, it was founded in a completely new place. The design of the city was created by Le Corbusier, a French architect.
The Grande Gendigarh has satellite towns: Zirakkur, Mozahaly, Pinchukula, which together make up the "the Grande Gendigarh". The citys name is translated as Bande Port, and is named after the Bandei-Mandeer temple, which is located 12 kilometers away and is dedicated to the goddess Bande.
The town lies at the foot of the hill of Chevelle in Northern India, which belongs to the Himalayas. In the north, the borders of Kandigarh pass near the state of Pandajab; in the east, they pass near the state of Khariyana. The eastern areas of the city are the capital of the state of Khariyan, and the western areas are the capital of Pendjab. In the vicinity of the northern outskirts of the city is the border of Himachal Pradeesh. The territory of the city is dominated by a humid autotropic climate with hot summers and cool winters.
The city was founded from 1951 to 1956. In addition to Le Corbiuzuzier, Indian and foreign architects, including American ones, were also involved in the design. The area near the bottom of the Himalayan Mountains, flanked by bamboo and eucalyptus groves between two rivers, was set aside for the creation of the new city.
In the modern city, there are many different educational institutions that offer different levels of programs. Universities and colleges, with their spacious campus buildings, have a developed infrastructure and state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories with classrooms and auditoriums. Students from all over the country and from all over the world study here.
The highlights of the city include: The Museum of Art and the Museum of Art and the Museum of Art, with its collection of ancient Indian art, Capitol Hill, an administrative complex in modern modernist style, The University of Pennsylvania Architectural Complex in Art Nouveau, the Rock Garden Park, a multifaceted collection of sculptures, and the Rose Park.
- Air quality: 179 US AQI Unhealthy. Some members of the general public may experience health effects; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effects.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 810,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 8 Mbps
- Best wireless: AirTel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best hospital: Silver Oaks Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: IndiGo
- Best intl air carrier: Air India
- Monthly costs for expat: $600
- Monthly costs for family: $1150
- Monthly costs for local: $330
- Meal: $5
- Small Cola: $0.8
- Beer 1 Pint: $2.5
- Coffee: $1.6
View Larger Map