Durg – a city in Central India, located east of the Chevnadhi River (Mahanandi Basin). It is a place with a dry and warm climate, where two seasons are clearly distinguished: wet and dry. Djurg is near the second largest city in the state of Bailhai, actually merging with it. In fact, Djurg – the westernmost city of Bahuela.
The history of Djurg dates back to the time of the legendary Omamayan, according to which the present territory of the city belonged to the kingdom of Dakshina. It was discovered in the 4th century by the Chinese traveler Huyen Yingyang. The name Durg dates back to the 8th century, to the time of the reign of Virgo. This is an abbreviation of «sraváóðga» – a crenellated structure built by this monarch.
In the years of the British administration, a grandiose building called the Collectors House (1906) and several other architectural features were created. Djurg is also famous for its jainted churches with magnificent carved frescoes. The city is visited by pilgrims. Their purpose is to worship all the Indian religions and castes. There is also a flourishing theory of natural medicine in the city, a practice of alternative medicine, according to which health depends on the strength of life, purity of thought and the righteousness of life. Patients come to Djurg from all over India.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 270,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 7 Mbps
- Best wireless: AirTel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings: 99Acres
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Indigo
- Best intl air carrier: Jet Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $410
- Monthly costs for family: $950
- Monthly costs for local: $260
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $1.2
View Larger Map