In the land of the state of Toyland in India lies the city of Madurai, the metropolitan center of a single county. It is the oldest city in Kazakhstan. It was founded by the Pandyan Jaya Kooloolashikhera. In ancient times, Madurai was the capital of the rulers of Southern India.
The present city occupies the area to the south of the state and is located 498 kilometers from its city of Chennai. It lies in an area 101 meters high and is divided by the watercourse of the Waigai River. The towns main attraction is the ancient Mininkasha Temple.
Madurai and its surrounding countryside are characterized by a temperate, tranquil climate. Rainfall here is most common in October and November. The city has developed a motorcycle and motorcycle production facility. Chemical and textile industries are operating. A railroad station is in operation. The airport is 12 kilometers away, with flights to Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai as well as cities in other countries.
This modern city, with its rich history, is a significant center of the countrys palaeomony. There is a majestic temple of Sri Minhakshi, dedicated to the goddess Pārvāti, the consort of the goddess Śhiva. A huge temple complex was built in the 16th century. It consists of several structures, including churches, cathedrals, and several cisterns. The complex is notable for its 12 pied-à-terre pyramids, some 40 meters high. They are decorated with 33,000 sculptural images of gods and heroes of myth.
The ancient complex is one example of ancient architecture. Every year a traditional event called the Chitterati Festival is held on the territory of the Temple complex. The festivities last 10 days. Nearly a million believers are its many participants. It is noteworthy that the sanctuary of the Shiva and Minakha is only open to the public. About 20 kilometers from the city is the shrine of Azahagar Qoil. It is considered an important religious place and is dedicated to the God Vishnu. The ancient structure stands on a hilltop that can be seen from afar.
- Air quality: 133 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 1,500,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 8 Mbps
- Best wireless: Airtel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings: 99Acres
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Indigo
- Best intl air carrier: Jet Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $500
- Monthly costs for family: $1000
- Monthly costs for local: $280
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $2
- Coffee: $2
View Larger Map