The city of Vijayayawada (Basesawada) occupies a territory in the state of Ainhra Pradesh. It is one of the largest settlements in the state, along with the cities of Visakhapatnam and Haidarabad. Todays Vijayawada is a major transportation center, with rail lines and highways running through its territory. The airport is not far from the city limits.
From time immemorial, the city has been known for the production of textiles, miniatures and toys of all kinds. In addition to the traditional industry, the food and cement industry has also developed. The local area is dominated by climate. Rainy weather with heavy rainfall from July through August. From May through June, heat waves heat up to 40 degrees Celsius at times. During the rainy season, the temperature drops dramatically, but the humidity rises.
The present day Vijayada takes in the Krijenna River at the point where the Boudaméré River meets the water. Nearby there are a number of elevations of Indirakilandri. Vijayavada and Haydarabad are separated by 270 kilometers. The distance from the coast of the Bay of Bengal is 90 kilometers. The site of the city is the location of the irrigation system. Vidjayawada is known for its colleges of medicine and oriental sciences.
As in centuries past, numerous pallbearers have come to the citys ancient shrines to pay their respects to the sacred sites. Ancient structures were built in the 6th-8th centuries. The local museum has a statue of a Buddha made of black granite.
In the city of Krishna, the Kanyak Durga Shrine rises. It is the second largest in the state. It is believed that its founder is Ardjun. The ancient temple has existed since ancient times. It is mentioned in the edicts, the sacred scriptures of the Holy Scriptures. In the ancient complex there is an idol of Goshydd Durga, who is believed to possess divine power. During religious holidays, the pilgrims at the shrine perform the ritual of bathing in the Krishna River.
- Air quality: 61 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 850,000 people
- GDP: $1,706 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 12 Mbps
- Best wireless: AirTel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: At restaurants, you should tip 10 percent for standard service. If someone really went out of their way and the service was exceptional, you can tip up to 15 percent. If the bill is quite high, like over 1,000 rupees, you can tip a little less.
- Apartment listings: 99Acres
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Ola
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Indigo
- Best intl air carrier: Jet Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $550
- Monthly costs for family: $1050
- Monthly costs for local: $300
- Meal: $1.3
- Small Cola: $0.4
- Beer 1 Pint: $4.5
- Coffee: $1.4
View Larger Map