The city of Abbey Mountains is located in the province of Brittany, Colombia, and occupies the Fraser Valley. The locality is part of the Greater Bancouver metropolitan area. It has municipal rights and is the largest land area in the province. It has an airport within its boundaries, which is often the site of international airshows. Abbeys borders also include the huge Rotheri Stadium, built in 1986. It has a field for football and wrestling and a 400-meter running track. The stadium is the home arena for the local track and field teams, and the training center for the football club.
The extensive Abbotts Forests School District network includes elementary, middle and high schools. There are 47 of them. All are equipped with state-of-the-art computer technology and teaching and sports equipment. They are also home to theme clubs, shopping malls, and fitness facilities. Todays Abbey Works is known far beyond Canada as the regions athletic and educational center.
- Air quality: 18 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 120,000 people
- GDP: $42,154 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 24 Mbps
- Best wireless: Wind
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: In Canada, tipping is expected, and is meant to keep encouraging good service. A gratuity of between 15% and 20% of the bill before tax, depending on the level of service. Tip 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service.
- Apartment listings: Kijiji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Best Buy
- Best hospital: Abbotsford Regional Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: West Jet
- Best intl air carrier: Air Canada
- Monthly costs for expat: $1600
- Monthly costs for family: $3300
- Monthly costs for local: $950
- Meal: $10
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $3.5
View Larger Map