In the southwest of England, in Berkshire, on the right bank of the River Thames, not far from London. The city has been known since 1050.
The citys main attraction, which attracts many tourists, is the famous Victoria Castle – an outstanding architectural monument and the main private residence of Queen Elizabeth II. Visitors can only access the grounds of the castle when no representatives of the royal dynasty are present. The rooms, furniture, and everyday objects in the castle are remarkable examples of the art of architects and decorators of the past. The public reception rooms are decorated with magnificent paintings, as well as paintings by Rembrandt, Van Dijk and other famous artists.
Vincere is a famous school in the world, founded by King Henry VI in 1440 as a charitable boarding school for underprivileged children. As a consequence, the college was an elite school that educated children from descendent aristocratic families. The colleges graduates include 20 prime ministers of Great Britain and a whole host of celebrated writers and poets – Edgar Poe, Jean Fleming, Georges Orwell and others.
Five kilometers from the city, on the banks of the River Tama, is a beautiful, historically important place – The province of Rannimides, where in 1215 King Henry the Wicked signed a charter, the Great Charter of Lords, which would later become one of the fundamental English constitutional texts. About ten kilometers from the city, the Great Park of Windsor is a great place to relax and walk.
A lot of excitement is guaranteed for everyone who visits the unusual theme park – Leisure Park. There, on an area of 150 acres, there are entire cities that are replicas of real European cities built out of popular childrens constructors.
The Czarórock Theater has seen productions by the best theatrical ensembles in a wide variety of fields, beginning with Glasspierre and ending with pantomime and post-performances in the sixties. Since 1969, every year at the end of May, a festival has been held in Venezuela that includes musical costume performances, class orchestras, dance and choreography, and film screenings. Many well-known artistic groups and popular entertainers come to the festival.
- Air quality: 30 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 220,000 people
- GDP: $42,154 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 36 Mbps
- Best wireless: Wind
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: In Canada, tipping is expected, and is meant to keep encouraging good service. A gratuity of between 15% and 20% of the bill before tax, depending on the level of service. Tip 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service.
- Apartment listings: Kijiji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Downtown Accelerator
- Online electronics shop: Best Buy
- Best hospital: Windsor Regional Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: West Jet
- Best intl air carrier: Air Canada
- Monthly costs for expat: $1900
- Monthly costs for family: $3700
- Monthly costs for local: $1050
- Meal: $12
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $4
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map