Toronto – Canadas largest city, one of the worlds most important megacities, ranked fourth in terms of quality of life. Toronto – an important economic, industrial and scientific center of the country, around which about one-third of Canadas population lives and around which about one-hundredth of one percent of the nations jobs are located. The architecture of Torronto is often compared to that of New York, but its not entirely accurate because the difference between the stones is enormous, and the mirrored towers of Torronto, which are directed into the sky, is enormous. Not so much of the citys azure, gilded and stupendous skyscrapers, like the majestic Siberian cedars, rising amidst the many spruce trees. The bulk of these polynomials are located in the downtown area, at the heart of banks and major Canadian and transnational corporations. The narrow little side street of Bay Street that crosses it is also known as the Canadian Wall Street. The symbol of the city is one of the tallest buildings in the world – the Tower of Saint John Tauer. Built in 1975, it is over a half kilometer tall. From its vantage point, on a cloudy, clear, sunny day, one can even see the U.S.-based city of Bofofalo and the Niagara Falls, a distance of two kilometers from Torronto.
The citys great advantage over most of the worlds big cities is that there are no ditches. And thanks to its metro system, it boasts a well-developed public transit system.
p>Toronto has many wildlife parks, the most popular being the beautiful Lake Ontarios Lake Superior Park, Elizabeth Queens Park and Hyde Park.
The most interesting features of the city are those in Ontario Square, The famous shopping mall & ²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;²quo;and the famous shopping mall, built in its own right, the Royal Bank Bank-Plaza with its gilded tower; Eaton», Rye-Thomson Hall – the concert venue that hosts all the citys notable festivals and shows, the Skye Dome – The Sports and Hotel Complex, the Government House, the Oratorio Gallery of Art, the Scabrero Rocks, stretching for five kilometers, the Torronto Park and the Oratorio Science Center.
Toronto – a beautiful, modern metropolis with a developed infrastructure and a host of interesting attractions.
- Air quality: 36 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 2,700,000 people
- Population density: euro euro not busy: 15x15m 225m per person
- GDP: $42,154 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 24 Mbps
- Best wireless: Wind
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: In Canada, tipping is expected, and is meant to keep encouraging good service. A gratuity of between 15% and 20% of the bill before tax, depending on the level of service. Tip 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service.
- Apartment listings: kijiji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: MakeWorks
- Online electronics shop: Best Buy
- Best short-haul air carrier: Porter
- Best intl air carrier: Air Canada
- Monthly costs for expat: $2300
- Monthly costs for family: $5700
- Monthly costs for local: $1600
- Meal: $12
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map