Saxcatún is not the capital of Saxactún, but it is the largest city in the country, its industrial and cultural center. It is located in the central part of the river on both sides of the South Sacred River. By the way, the many many names of the river – one of the great treasures of Saskatchewan.
The name of the city comes from the Latin name for a species of earthen fruit that is spread in Saskatchewan. The city itself was founded in 1882 by a man named John Lake. Saskatoon – a modern city with a strong economic potential. It has uranium and other metal refineries, a chemical industry, and particularly the production of potash (one of the worlds leaders). The population is mainly from the British Isles and Germany, but there is also a large Ukrainian community.
Saskatoon can offer its visitors a variety of cultural activities: parks, museums, concert halls, restaurants, galleries. The main architectural highlight &nash; the historic Hotel delleta Bosboro, which looks like a palace castle in Europe.
The Saskatoon is sharply kinetic with warm winters and very cold winters. Thats why North America is sometimes known for its strong winds as saskatoon.
- Air quality: 29 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 250,000 people
- GDP: $42,154 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 24 Mbps
- Best wireless: Wind
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: In Canada, tipping is expected, and is meant to keep encouraging good service. A gratuity of between 15% and 20% of the bill before tax, depending on the level of service. Tip 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service.
- Apartment listings: Kijiji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: The Two Twenty
- Online electronics shop: Best Buy
- Best hospital: Royal University Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: West Jet
- Best intl air carrier: Air Canada
- Monthly costs for expat: $1600
- Monthly costs for family: $3900
- Monthly costs for local: $1100
- Meal: $8.5
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $4
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map