In the province of Ontario there is a large industrial town called Ochoa. It is about 55 kilometers from the outskirts of Torronto. It extends along the coastline of Lake Ontario. Within the city limits are numerous forested areas with loud waterfalls, varied wildlife, small lakes, and ponds. Oshava was founded as a small village where hunters sold fur to large traders. Now the city is known as a big development center for the automobile industry. It is also known for its cultural and educational institutions.
Local museums and art galleries acquaint visitors with the citys history and traditions. Every year Oshava hosts festivals. One of them is about flowers. There are about 300 different types of flowers to be seen at the Peony Festival. The festivities are accompanied by a craft fair and performances by artists. More than 4,000 works of art are on display in the art gallery. The automobile museum has a collection of models of cars made in the country.
- Air quality: 21 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 160,000 people
- GDP: $42,154 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 24 Mbps
- Best wireless: Wind
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: In Canada, tipping is expected, and is meant to keep encouraging good service. A gratuity of between 15% and 20% of the bill before tax, depending on the level of service. Tip 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service.
- Apartment listings: Kijiji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Core 21
- Online electronics shop: Best Buy
- Best hospital: Lakeridge Health Oshawa
- Best short-haul air carrier: West Jet
- Best intl air carrier: Air Canada
- Monthly costs for expat: $1600
- Monthly costs for family: $3700
- Monthly costs for local: $1050
- Meal: $7.5
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map