The city of Nanaimo is located on the island of Bancouver in the province of Brittany, Colombia. On the one hand, it is bounded by the Georgian coast, and on the other by the mountain ranges. Closest to it are the regions largest cities, Wincouvier and Victoria, located 55 and 100 kilometers from its borders, respectively. The mild climate and the majestic and beautiful Mountains of Morocco attract thousands of travelers to the local area. Exciting excursion trails, boat rides, and water sports leave a host of unforgettable experiences and make you want to return. Thanks to a well-developed transportation infrastructure, trips to the nearby metropolitan area of Wincouvier and the metropolitan city of Victoria dont take long.
In Nunheimo, the University of Californias Wankouvier University, founded in 1969. It has 12 research centers and 16 departments. There are about 10,000 students, including about 1,000 from other countries. The university is considered one of the best in tourism, sports management, and environmental studies.
- Air quality: 15 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 91,000 people
- GDP: $42,154 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 24 Mbps
- Best wireless: Wind
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: In Canada, tipping is expected, and is meant to keep encouraging good service. A gratuity of between 15% and 20% of the bill before tax, depending on the level of service. Tip 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service.
- Apartment listings: Kijiji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Square One
- Online electronics shop: Best Buy
- Best hospital: Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Island Air
- Best intl air carrier: Air Canada
- Monthly costs for expat: $1900
- Monthly costs for family: $4000
- Monthly costs for local: $1150
- Meal: $12
- Small Cola: $2
- Beer 1 Pint: $6
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map