The capital and largest city of Georgia – Atletanta. This city, located in the Chatataha River Valley, is an international business, information and transportation center. The region, which includes about 140 communities, is considered the fastest growing in the United States.
Indigenous inhabitants of the present-day Atlanta region are Cherokees and Crackers. In their time, they waged intense warfare against the Colossians. That is why the occupation of these lands was slow. Only from 1823 onward did the settlers move in. Atlanta appeared as a small village near the Western Atlantic Railway station in 1837. Initially it was called the Marartasville. 10 years later, engineer J. Tommesson, who was the first engineer on the railroad, was on the railroad. Thomson proposed the name «atlanta» which was liked by local residents. During the Civil War, for four months in 1864, the battle for Atletanta was fought. The result of the battle was the total destruction of the city by the Army of the North. Only churches and hospitals remained intact.
Atlanta recovered quickly from the war to become an important economic center in the Southeast of the United States. The following facts testify to the citys success: In 1892 the company & ‖Coca-Cola‖ was founded there; The citys airport is the busiest airport on the planet, and in 1996, Atlanta hosted the 26th Summer Olympics. In addition, Atlanta was once the center of the African American civil rights movement, and most famously the citys founder – the leader of the movement, the preacher, Martin Luther King.
Atlanta did not preserve its 19th-century historic center. It can, however, boast examples of modern architecture in post-modern and chi-tech. Highlights of the city include five 200-meter-high skyscrapers headed by the Bank of America Plaza (312 meters), numerous hotels (especially the Hyatt Agency), shopping malls, museums, and art centers. Atlanta also has beautiful parks, diverse parks, and an aquarium. Significant tourist facilities – the Olympic Village and the Sports Arena.
- Air quality: 37 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 470,000 people
- Population density: euro euro empty: 38x38m 1444m per person
- GDP: $57,808 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 32 Mbps
- Best wireless: Vodafone
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: How much should I tip at a restaurant? A gratuity of 15 to 20 per cent on top of the bill (before sales tax) is standard, with 25 per cent given for topnotch service. Servers in America work hard for the money – they’re generally friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Apartment listings: Longterm Lettings
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Atlanta Tech Village
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Delta Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Delta Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $2000
- Monthly costs for family: $4700
- Monthly costs for local: $1350
- Meal: $7
- Small Cola: $1.2
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map