Los Angeles is located on the Pacific Ocean coast, in the southern part of California. With a population of just over four million people, it is the second most populous country in the United States, after New York.
Los Angeles is rightfully considered the worlds largest cinematographic city. Every year, tens of tourists travel to Los Angeles to see the wondrous country of Hollywood, to look beyond the wondrous world of film, to tour the Hollywood Alley of Stars. Follow 24 kilometers of Worcester Boulevard from the ocean to the center of the city to see its centerpiece, known as the Miracle Mile, a hub of restaurants, nightclubs, and fashionable boutiques.
When you arrive on Hollywood Boulevard, you cant miss the Guinness World Records Museum and the Waxworks. Its also worth checking out Olivers Street &ndash, an old Mexican street thats a small corner of the world among the glass and concrete buildings. And see one of the worlds tallest buildings – the ten-foot-tall U.S. Bank Tower.
Inside Los Angeles is the city of Beverly Hills, a self-governing administrative unit known for its luxury malls of film moguls and Hollywood celebrities.
Los Angeles – one of the worlds largest entertainment centers. There are a great many entertainment venues here: Multiple theaters, museums, and concert halls that host award ceremonies and film festivals. The Griffith Park (which is the site of the Zoo and Recreation Center) and the Fairgrounds Park, a funeral parlor, the Angeles Flight; (Flight of the Angels), as well as the world-famous Entertainment Parks & ‖Nintendo Studios Hollywood‖and ‖Disinéesville‖ – these are great places to spend a family vacation. And in the evening, you can stroll along the citys beautiful waterfronts or dive in the clean waters of the beaches at Long Beach, Malibu, Radioonde Beach and Maines Martin Beach.
Particular attention should be paid to the Petersen Automotive Museum – one of the most beautiful and largest automotive museums in the world. Museum – a non-memorial organization specializing in the field of automotive history and education.
It was opened in 1994 with funds donated by Robert Petersen, publisher of Motor Trend &Labor and Hot Rod Magazine, and named in his honor. The museum has an extensive collection of cars, dating back to 1904. The museum itself is a three-story building, each with its own history on each floor. The first is a permanent exhibition on the history of automobiles. The second is a gallery of cars and pictures from famous Hollywood movies, cars that were owned by celebrities, and a collection of motorcycles. The third floor – the childrens floor. There are a variety of vehicles designed for children, plus exhibits that you can touch with your hands, You can drive a race car, a police motorcycle, and the first mass-produced car; «Ford Model T». The museum is now a national institution with many visitors.
Los Angeles is one of the largest cultural, economic, scientific and educational centers of the world. Many students come every year to study there at the largest universities in the country, including the largest film institute in America. Make your dream come true – visit Los Angeles, the entertainment capital, and be sure you wont be disappointed.
- Air quality: 56 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 4,000,000 people
- Population density: euro euro not busy: 17x17m 289m per person
- GDP: $57,808 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 51 Mbps
- Best wireless: AT&T
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: How much should I tip at a restaurant? A gratuity of 15 to 20 per cent on top of the bill (before sales tax) is standard, with 25 per cent given for topnotch service. Servers in America work hard for the money – they’re generally friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Apartment listings: Craigslist
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Blank Spaces
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Southwest
- Best intl air carrier: Southwest
- Monthly costs for expat: $3300
- Monthly costs for family: $8000
- Monthly costs for local: $2300
- Meal: $18
- Small Cola: $3
- Beer 1 Pint: $6
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map