The American city of Kansas City is part of the state of Missouri. Kansas City is located on the coast of Missouri and belongs to Jackson County. Initially, the area was inhabited by the Algonquin tribes before the Jews colonized the city today. The first white man to visit the area was the French researcher Etienne de Vignard. This happened in 1713. Later the territory was a French possession, and in 1763 it went under the rule of Spain. But neither the French nor the Spaniards were able to advance beyond the shipping and trading of cannon. In fact, the area belonged to no one. From 1803 the area was settled by American colonists. Eighteen years later, the territory of Kansas City became part of the United States as part of Missouri. In 1831 the first settlement of white people appeared here. As one of the main transport corners of the Far West, the area was developing rapidly. The city was formally established in 1853. A key moment in the citys political life was the conflict between Northerners and Southerners. The citys inhabitants actively participated in the Crusades of the Kansas and the ensuing Civil War. In 1865, the railroad appeared in the city, which stimulated the economic growth of the city. This growth continued into the early 1960s. Then the decline followed. It led to a migration to the suburbs and the creation of Negro ghettos with high levels of crime and low standards of living. Since the mid-1990s, the city has grown economically, and projects related to the revitalization of neighborhoods that had fallen into decline have been created and implemented.
Today, the citys chemical, oil refining, wood-processing and machinery industries are well developed. The public library is one of the main features of the city. From the outside, the citys central library looks like books in a row. There are also a large number of pictures (more than 200). In terms of the number of pictures, China ranks second in the world. Among the citys other attractions: City Park, City Museum, International Exhibition Center, National World War II Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art, the Mystère de la Méditerranée Theater, the Crarny House, the American Kings Museum, the Jazz Museum, and many others.
- Air quality: 36 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 480,000 people
- GDP: $57,808 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 61 Mbps
- Best wireless: Sprint
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: How much should I tip at a restaurant? A gratuity of 15 to 20 per cent on top of the bill (before sales tax) is standard, with 25 per cent given for topnotch service. Servers in America work hard for the money – they’re generally friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Think Big Coworking
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: United
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $1600
- Monthly costs for family: $3700
- Monthly costs for local: $1050
- Meal: $9
- Small Cola: $1.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $4.5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map