Tampa – a town in the central part of Florida. The city is washed by the waters of the same reservoir, which is part of the Equatorial Gulf of Mexico. Tampa – the principal city of the county of Hyyllesboro. The name of the district is related to the River Hyllesborough, which flows through the city and falls into the Gulf. Together with its neighbors Clerurouterre and St. Petersburg, Tampa forms a major agglomeration.
The original inhabitants of the area where Tampa is now located were the Columbus tribes. It is assumed that exactly from their language the name of the city is derived, which means «paws with fire». However, etymology has not been definitively established. The first whites in the area were the expedition led by Spains Paulo de Narrais in 1528. A few years later, Ernando de Sotos expedition picked up the only surviving member of the de Narraixs team. The Aborigines were notably hostile to white arrivals.
Actual colonization of the region did not begin until the 19th century. At first it was an isolated Fort Brouck, built in 1823. Over time it became a civilian settlement, but it was not until after the war of the Second World War, that is, from 1842, that the colonists were not threatened by raids by the Indians. In 1855, Tampa became a city. By the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, it was known as a major cigar-producing center, thanks mainly to immigrants from Cuba.
Tampa – one of the fastest growing cities in Florida. As an outlying city, it has significant tourism potential and a developed tourism infrastructure. The architectural features of Tampa are the 65-meter water tower Sulphur Sprung (1923), El Centro de Españole, the mound of the Seigneur de la Scaillein, several cultural structures and ancient buildings. The cultural sphere is represented by a park, several theaters and museums. A large number of similar institutions are located in the Chennai area. Tampa has a huge number of cafes and restaurants, mostly specializing in Italian, Latin American and Caribbean cuisine. The resort offers the Bouche Gardens Park, Aquarium and Adventure Island, with 16 atractions that run year-round.
- Air quality: 33 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 380,000 people
- GDP: $57,808 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 65 Mbps
- Best wireless: T-Mobile
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: How much should I tip at a restaurant? A gratuity of 15 to 20 per cent on top of the bill (before sales tax) is standard, with 25 per cent given for topnotch service. Servers in America work hard for the money – they’re generally friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Apartment listings: Craigslist
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Starbucks
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Cowork Tampa
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best hospital: St Josephs Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Southwest
- Best intl air carrier: Delta
- Monthly costs for expat: $2200
- Monthly costs for family: $5400
- Monthly costs for local: $1600
- Meal: $10
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map