Boulder is a city in Colorado, USA. It has the status of a self-governing territory and is the county seat of Boulder County. It is one of the most densely populated municipalities in the United States and is the 11th most populous city in Colorado.
Boulder is famous for its colorful Western history, being home to hippies in the late 1960s and home to the main campus of the University of Colorado at Boulder, the state’s largest university. In addition, Boulder often appears in high statistical rankings in the areas of health, well-being, standard of living, education, and the arts.
- Air quality: 24 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 110,000 people
- GDP: $57,808 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 64 Mbps
- Best wireless: Verizon
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: How much should I tip at a restaurant? A gratuity of 15 to 20 per cent on top of the bill (before sales tax) is standard, with 25 per cent given for topnotch service. Servers in America work hard for the money – they’re generally friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Frontier
- Best intl air carrier: United
- Monthly costs for expat: $2600
- Monthly costs for family: $5500
- Monthly costs for local: $1600
- Meal: $10
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map