Miami – a city located on the southeastern Atlantic coast. One of the citys nicknames, – Magic City, was given to it for a reason. In Miami, people could live, work, and relax while enjoying a high standard of living. Today, Miami is a financial, commercial, entertainment and cultural center of global proportions.
In the wake of the construction boom that swept the city in 2001, Miami became one of the top cities in the United States for the number of skyscrapers. There are currently 112 towers in the city that are over 90 meters tall, and the tallest building in the city is currently the 240-foot tower of the &Latin of the Four Seasons. Miami is home to offices of multinational corporations, international banks, and television studios.
In addition, Miami – is one of the worlds largest tourist destinations, and the city port is the worlds leading tourist destination for cruise ships.
The citys distinctive characteristic is its diverse population of cultures and ethnic groups. It attracts a large number of immigrants, and that is why more than half of its residents were born outside the U.S. The bulk of the people who come to Miami – they come from Latin America. Also, Miami is one of the countrys oldest «s cities, because the average age of its inhabitants is about three to seven years. This is due to the enormous popularity among pensioners to live out their century enjoying a mild climate.
Its also important to note that Maimey, according to Forbes Magazine; is the cleanest city in the United States, thanks to its quality water, clean air, thoroughly cleaned streets and extensive landscaping.
While the citys economy is varied, tourism is the main source of income. International conventions, festivals and world-famous beaches draw more than two billion million tourists to the city each year, leaving more than seven billion dollars in the city.
But there are also disadvantages. Miami is one of the top three American cities to be hit by hurricanes. This is mainly due to the citys location near the ocean, in adjacent flatlands. The hurricane season usually lasts from early June through late May, although they occur at other times of the year as well. Winters in Miami are dry and warm, and temperatures never drop below -1ºC. Miami – a city that has never seen snow.
- Air quality: 33 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 450,000 people
- Population density: euro euro not busy: 15x15m 225m per person
- GDP: $57,808 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 41 Mbps
- Best wireless: Sprint
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: How much should I tip at a restaurant? A gratuity of 15 to 20 per cent on top of the bill (before sales tax) is standard, with 25 per cent given for topnotch service. Servers in America work hard for the money – they’re generally friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Apartment listings: Craigslist
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Buro
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: American Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $3300
- Monthly costs for family: $6800
- Monthly costs for local: $1900
- Meal: $9
- Small Cola: $2
- Beer 1 Pint: $4
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map